Friday 4 December 2009

getting into advertising... or anything really

So, I am applying.... to grad schemes to be more specific. I want to work in advertising, but since I'm studying marketing... it is probably more likely I'll get into that... which is also cool. But I want to work in advertising!!!!!
So to get in, I designed a special CV... yep special is the right word. Ok, so it has pictures in it and everything... so I'm thinking it will probably get a good laugh from the recruiters and they'll throw it away... but maybe they will keep it. Maybe they will call me?
The thing is, I know I am creative, yet so are probably thousands of others out there... so what sets me apart? What sets anyone apart today? Most of my friends, who are in the same position, come back to me all the time and ask "What do all the employers want?" after rejection after rejection... it's depressing. But I always think, positive! It's hard, but it kind of works.

So hopefully, after many applications, I will fit into what a recruiter wants... and maybe I'll get that call from HR for an interview... and maybe it'll be from an ad agency ;)

Maybe is a good word.

No comments:

Post a Comment